11:00 – 11:45
Working with the regulations
What does a pension fund have the freedom to do? What does law and regulations allow?
11:45 – 12:30
Working with consultants
- Working within the parameters of the ISS
- How do consultants advise clients on RI, and how can consultants help clients achieve their RI goals?
- How can a fund match its investment strategy with the council’s political aims?
- How can the investment pools work to implement a member fund’s RI policy?
12:30 – 13:30
13:30 – 14:15
Will responsible investing sacrifice returns? What are the challenges encountered when reporting on different types of investments?
- How do you measure your responsible performance?
- Should there be a standard methodology?
- Can you simultaneously invest both responsibly and passively?
14:15 – 15:30
Open floor discussion with a panel of elected members, officers, consultants and asset managers to debate the viability of common standard for RI implementation.
- How does a pension fund prove that it is investing responsibly?
- How can funds be encouraged to demonstrate and measure how effective they have been at incorporating ESG factors in their investment strategies?